Our radishes have come and gone but this is an amazing salad that you should try! Growing radishes just for this salad is justifiable because it tastes so fresh.
2 Bunches of Radishes
3 Persian Cucumbers (or any home grown ones)
Green Onions (or half of a small sweet onion)
Small Bunch of Dill (not pictured)
2 Tbsp Sunflower seeds
Unrefined Sunflower oil
Sea Salt and Pepper
Slice radishes and cucumbers into slices. Mince the green onion and dill and add to the salad. Throw in the sunflower seeds. Pour sunflower oil to coat veggies. Add sea salt and pepper to taste. Enjoy!
Today is my last day of a two week juice fast. Two weeks not eating anything but just drinking water, herbal tea, and veggie juices (OK I will admit I did do some fruit juices) oh and coconut water from fresh young coconuts! It was an interesting experience. Totally different from the first time I did a juice fast. But the first time it was more of a juice feast than fast. I am thankful that I had this opportunity to do a juice fast for two weeks. If it were not for Sashenka then I would have never completed it successfully. He encouraged and motivated me (also worried for me, made juices, took care of our toddler, gave me a massage, etc…!!!) A huge thank you!!! I’m not going to say that it was supper easy. But I’m not going to moan and groan about how horrible it was either. I’m just going to talk about some things that were different from what I expected when compared to the first time I did this. And of course a juice recipe at the end.
- The first time around, the first three days were exhausting. I felt like a drug addict with a headache and absolutely no energy. This time, my first three days were not as extreme. Yes, I felt a little bit week and hungry but not as bad as the first time. I was surprised that I could actually function normally; and this all on only 3 juices a day. Where, compared to the initial feast, I did ten juices a day.
- Cravings. The past two weeks I did not know what that word meant! I did not have a single craving for anything. Sure I had an appetite when I saw or smelled food, but I was under control and calm. My first experiment with juicing was an enslaving dance with cravings. I craved burgers to chocolate. Even things I normally do not like. But I was pleasantly surprised that this juice fast did not torment me at all with cravings. I did not mind a green salad with sprouts and an avocado but it was not a possessive kind of ‘want’. Just a ‘sure would not mind’ – kind of thing.
- The past two weeks were very smooth. No roller coaster like the first time – low on energy and then a high of energy.
- This time around I did not cheat by drinking V8 – the first time I had two cans of it.
- I still cooked for our toddler and Sashenka. Where last time I could not be under the same roof of a building with food that is cooking. During the first fast Sashenka ate on our balcony because I could not tolerate the smell. But this time around, I cooked most meals for both of them and even made cinnamon rolls today and veggie burgers for a cookout on our street!
- I enjoyed the juices exceedingly more the past two weeks then on the initial juice feast. And had the inspiration to get creative with them.
And speaking of tasty juice recipes…
…. The star that is pictured consists of…
1 Sweet Potato
Juice root veggies with skins on and enjoy!
This juice is very filling, sweet, and beautiful!